GEOSS Common Infrastructure (GCI)
The GEOSS Common Infrastructure comprises of a number of GEOSS-wide services that facilitate data discovery and access and support interoperability.
Access to the individual GCI components is through clicking on the GCI map below (to be available soon). For other services, see the list below.
The services include:
- GEO Web Page: Provides general information on GEO, its components and activities, GEO-related meetings, documents, and achievements, and it gives access to a Newsletter.
- GEOSS Common Infrastructure (GCI):
- GEO Portal: Is the primary entry point to the GCI, and facilitates data discovery.
- Discovery and Access Broker (DAB): Facilitates both discovery and access to data. See the YouTube video on GEOSS Discovery and Access Broker and Eye on Earth.
- GEOSS Services and Components Registry (CSR): Collects information on services and components of the GEOSS.
- GEOSS Standards and Interoperablity Agreements Registry: Provides access to relevant standards and interoperability agreements.
- GEOSS Best Practices Wiki (BPW): Supports the development, and gives access to, best practice in the use of Earth observations for decision support.
- GEOSS User Requirement Registry (URR): Allows for the publishing and analysis of user needs and related information.
- GEOSS Science and Technology Service Suite (GSTSS): A service suite for the linkage between S&T communities and GEO.
- Continuity Indicator Database: a prototype database for continuity indicators for GEOSS components.
- UNEP-Live: Tracking the State of the Environment (prototype, tbc).
In case of questions, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.